Today was Samantha's one month doctors appointment. It allowed me to remember exactly why I dislike going to the doctor so much. You walk in and there are two sides to the waiting room, the well waiting room and the sick waiting room. When we show up I immediately run Samantha to the far corner of the well waiting room (while Paige goes to check us in) and then start looking around to see if any sick kids have decided it would be cool to hang out on the well side. We wait and wait and then finally you hear the words Samantha Riley. As we start to walk back to the room I am thinking of all the things that they are about to tell me Paige and I have done wrong over the last 30 days. We walk in and they tell us to get Samantha down to just her diaper. They take her measurements and weight and then tell us the doctor will be right in. Then that feeling comes back again....we wait and wait and then walks in Dr. Thomas. He looks at Samantha's numbers, listen to her chest and back and says she is just perfect. Of course Paige and I put the biggest smile on our face. He answers our questions, which were not your normal first time parent type questions, we asked questions like if you were looking for the best medical program would you choose Carolina or Duke for your daughter. Again we are laughing and having a good time and he ask if we have any other questions, we say no and I start to grab her clothes to get her ready to go home to celebrate. He then says the nurse will be right back in to give her the Hep B shot. There goes my stomach again. The nurse walks in and ask if I would like to put Samantha back down or if I am ok holding her. I tell her I will hold her and as she is getting ready to stick her, I push up against Samantha's ear and say, Sammie Wammie this is going to hurt me more than it hurts you. For some reason I have a feeling this will not be the last time I have to tell her that statement.
No comments:
Post a Comment