Samantha has been loving swim lessons and has really gotten good at floating on her back. Last week in class she was floating on her back and I walked away from her leaving her in the middle of the pool and she floated on her back for about 30 to 40 seconds before she flipped over on her stomach and started swimming towards me. Ms. Robin told us they had decided it was time to move to the next class to which I replied oh how nice; what do you think about that Samantha? Then she proceeds to tell me how the next class is independant and no parents allowed in the pool which without hestation got a do what? I had been traveling on the coast of SC but had worked it out where I was booking out by 2:00 no matter what; so that I was there for swim lessons. Samantha was very excited about going to her class but daddy was a nervous wreck. Ms. Shelby is her new teacher and she proved that Samantha did not need daddy after all in her class. Samantha got her blue necklace which told her which class to go to and then proceeded to walk by herself into class and up to her teacher. One thing I like about Little Otter is anytime they have a new student they take it very easy on the first class and the teachers make their own assessment of where the students are. There was one slight unusual break, a student had an accident in the pool so they immediately got everyone out of the pool; applied chemicals; waited 10 mins and then allowed everyone back into the pool. The teacher told us at the end of the class how proud she was of Samantha and that she was definitely a rock star! We were so proud of how she did in her big girl class...you will always be mommy and daddy's rock star!!!
1 comment:
Samantha I am so proud of you! You will always be our rock star! I love you so very much! Look forward to seeing you next weekend.Love you! GBern
Post a Comment