Everyone knows that Memorial Day weekend is the official beginning of boating season so I look forward to that weekend every year because it usually means I am going to have a great time at the lake. Mom had been dropping hints over the last few weeks that we need to take Sammie to the beach as she has been hinting around that she wanted to go. So the other day while driving home from school I look up in the mirror and with my best convincing voice I say Sammie would you rather go to the LAKE this weekend or the stinky beach. Without hesitation she gives me this big ol' smile that only Sammie can do (the one that says Daddy there is no way you are not going to be able to say ok) and goes I want to go to the beach. Daddy will you help me build a sand castle. I went home, walked through the door, and told Paige to go ahead and start looking; it looks like we are going to the beach this weekend. So we worked a half day on Friday and then started loading up the car. We thought traffic was going to be terrible but it turned out to be hardly none. We arrived at the resort and checked in and did a quick look at the beach; a quick jumping on the bed to say I like this place and then we headed out to dinner. One of the places I remember us going as a kid was The Original Benjamin's so we decided to go there. The only thing better than crablegs at the beach is all the crablegs you can eat at the beach. Samantha was not a fan of the crablegs but she loved her shrimp. After dinner we headed downstairs to play and get our face painted prior to heading back to the resort. Once we were back at the resort we decided to head down stairs and walk down the boardwalk at Kingston Plantation to see what all we wanted to do tomorrow. When we saw the waterpark we knew we would be spending part of the day there. That place should be fun. We then came back to the resort and headed up for bed...excited about tomorrow.
1 comment:
Hey Samantha! Miss not being with you at the beach this year! Had so much fun with you last year. Maybe next time Bern will come and play on the beach with you! Have fun and take care of Mom and Dad. Love all of you! Have fun and be safe!
Post a Comment