Monday, July 31, 2017

California Vacation 2017 - Day 7 - US Soccer!!!

Woke up this morning excited to be able to go watch some soccer.  We had tickets to the Japan vs Australia game as well as the US vs Brazil game.  Since the games were not until the afternoon we started with breakfast at hotel and then heading up to the pool before heading back to the room to get ready.  For lunch we stopped at an In-N-Out on the way to stadium.  Once at the stadium we headed to check out our seats.  During the second half I was able to take Samantha up to the US Soccer Members Suite for snacks and to watch the rest of the Japan vs Australia game.  We were also able to take some pics with the actual World Cup trophy; we know it was real because the guy almost tackled me when I went to pick up the trophy for the picture to which I responded oh, this must be the real one.  We were so excited when the US team came out for their game.  It was a hard fought game although both teams had sloppy defense but the US came back at the end and actually won 4-3.  It as an awesome game to watch live.  Once the game was over we headed down to try and get an autograph. Lynn Williams was standing off from us and I yelled "Came all the way from North Carolina" to which she looked up and said where.  I pointed out Samantha and she headed straight up to Samantha to talk to her.  Soccer games are such a blast and I am always impressed with the player interaction.  After the game we headed to the room to pack up and ordered pizza and pasta in the room for dinner. Early morning flight back to Charlotte tomorrow and we lose three hours.  Such a fun trip to California.






































No comments: