A couple of weeks ago I got an email from Uncle Wes saying that they were going to JR Motorsports and he asked if I would like to tag along; I replied with of course. Then he tells me that Elliana and Aunt Kelly are going to be there so why not bring Samantha and make a day of it...which was a great idea. So today I took off work and Samantha played hookie from school and off we went this morning to meet them at their church CFA. Now the night before I decided to check out the website to see what we were in store for and while reading you read of the massive 66,000 sq ft shop and 100 employees but then I read a line that makes me go ooohhh..."JR Motorsports does not offer shop tours; however, fans are able to view the race shop through the retail store." Uncle Wes must know someone because it did not take long to realize that we are going on a tour as they brought out about 6 of their employees to walk us around and answer any questions that we have. Still not sure how exactly I got a picture with Junior while he is in New Hampshire; man that guy is fast. The coolest thing of the trip was I got to see the Blue and Yellow number 3 (the one and only time that Jr has driven the number 3 since his dad died and he drove it to victory lane at Daytona. They loaded up the car with the beer stains all over it and brought it back to the shop and no one has touched it since). They were very clear we could touch any car in the shop but don't touch the blue and yellow number 3. We had a blast and turns out they were even filming today at JR Motorsports and we made the clip at the very end. Thanks Uncle Wes & Aunt Kelly for inviting us again to be a part of it.
Get ready for the tear.....
Video can be found at the below link from JRM 360:
http://www.jrmracing.com/news/2011/07/14/jrm-360-series-episode-14
1 comment:
AWESOME!!!! and you were able to see Dale Jr!!!!!!!
Love you!!
Michelle
Post a Comment