Thursday, March 29, 2012

Shiny Starfish!!!

Tonight was a special night at swim lessons as they allowed the parents to come in for the last five minutes and they tell you how the kids are doing; what they are working on; and special things they would like for you to work on in class.  The teacher said Samantha was her rock star and would be ready to move to the next class soon as soon as we walked out so Paige and I pretty much smiled from then on out.  Lesson learned however; I had noticed Samantha was not kicking very hard last week so prior to leaving we were talking about how important it was to kick hard in order to swim and she had said not in this class daddy to which I replied of course in this class sweety you always have to kick hard when you are swimming.  I notice very quickly however when Samantha got in the water that the teacher was telling one of the kids not to kick to which this daddy had a OOOOHHHH moment.  When we went in to for the show and share session I explained it to the Mrs. Lori and she got a kick out of it (no pun); she explained that normally I would be right (thanks Mrs. Lori for trying to make me feel better) but she is working on explaining to them how it is important to be calm in the water and float whether on your belly or your back....I said yeah we will explain that one for next week.  Samantha really enjoys the class and has enjoyed all of her teachers...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job SamSam!! I am so proud of you! You did a great job today at swim lessons. I love watching you swim on your back!! Love you! Bern